Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Jesus Loves Me

I have been thinking about the song, "Jesus Loves Me". Probably everyone reading this blog learned this song as a child in Sunday School. The first verse goes as follows:

Jesus loves me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little one to Him belong
They are weak but He is strong.


"Little ones to Him belong. They are weak but He is strong". There are times when, spiritually speaking, I feel weak and without strength. And I am learning that that is right where He wants me. I will always be a "little one" to Him and, in my strength, I will always be weak, but Praise be to God, He is strong!!! He IS my strength and has been from the moment I trusted Him as my Lord and Savior. The good news of the Gospel is that "His strength is made perfect in my weakness". (II Cor 12:9)

The weaker I am, the stronger He is. The Gospel of Grace is that I do not have to be strong because I do not live the Christian life in my own strength!!!! "The Lord is my strength and my song" (Isaiah 12:2) I don't need to pray for more strength. I already have all the strength I need in Jesus Christ. Friends, I have typed myself into the Glory Zone again!!!!!

"Father, I praise you as my strength as well as my redeemer. I thank you that I do not have to struggle to live this Christian life. It is a joy to allow you to live through me. You love, laugh, teach and encourage through me. I ask you to bless everyone reading this blog today with Yourself. In Jesus strong and powerful name, I pray." Amen

2 comments:

JC said...

Great post Tiz. One of my favorite songs even now. Love ya, JC

j said...

The worst part about scheduling your posts is that I read it ahead of time, have my glory fit :) and then sometimes forget to come and TELL you about that Glory fit. So here I am LATE but loving what you had to say!

My prayer, along with yours, is that all mothers have the same sweet memories of their children singing that precious song when they are little. I take that for granted sometimes.

Bryan says that I maintain a childlike faith (to him, it really isn't though which is sad). Maybe it is because I like you embrace Jesus Loves Me.

I love you Tiz!!