Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Blessed Weekend

Things that bring me joy...

~ My in laws safely arriving to my home Friday.
~ My Daddy in law playing a joke IMMEDIATELY on my son
~ My husband cooking for his parents.
~ My DIL (Daddy in law) enjoying the meal.
~ My MIL (Mom in law) sitting in the floor playing monopoly with the kids.
~ My MIL taking a genuine interest in my daughter's friend.
~ My family letting me sleep LAAAAAAAAATE on Saturday.
~ My son spending time with his Grandaddy in the name of BASEBALL!
~ My family enjoying each other's company.

Each of the joys listed start with MY.... naturally, because they are mine. I praise God, the giver of blessings and joy, for providing me with these particular joys. He has added richness to my life through the people that He has put in it. I am blessed and having a joy filled weekend!!

Father God,
Thank you for seeing fit to bless me with such wonderful people to love, and who love me back. Thank you for the relationships that have been formed between my in laws and my children. And though I do not look forward to our time together coming to an end, I pray, earnestly pray, for their safety as they return home. Thank you for showing me your love through the people that you have placed in my life.

In Jesus name, Amen.

5 comments:

JC said...

Beautiful post. I heard they were coming for a visit. Happy they arrived. I know DIL is missing the BOY a lot. Love ya, JC

Tiz said...

Jen, I am so glad you all are enjoying each other. I miss them but I will manage in order for them to have a great time with you all.

Love you, Tiz

Ms Cupcake said...

Checking in from sits! Happy Sunday everyone!

Zen Cupcake is holding a special Oscar Contest. Please check it out.

Zen Cupcake: The Zen Cupcake Oscar Contest

Our Mardi Gras Giveaway ends on Tuesday, February 24, 2009. Win Juicy Couture pink cupcake necklace.

Zen Cupcake: February 17, 2009: Mardi Gras Giveaway!

Join our new Zen Cupcake Facebook Group! Zen Cupcake on Facebook

Make it a great day!

Razzer said...

I cant help but go.. Awwwwwww... damn neat...
;-)
Nice.. I liked ur post. Family rocks anytime and twice on sundays.

Andy. :-)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Your post was so heartfealt.

I love that you are acknowledging all the good in your life.