Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TUESDAY WITH TIZ

Mountaintops and Valleys

"He sends forth springs in the valleys: They flow between the mountains" Psalm 103:10

We often speak of "mountaintop experiences" in our Spiritual walk. Those times when we are keenly aware of God's presence, when we are experiencing His Joy and Peace, when we are experiencing Him and His Blessings. Those times are precious but there are "valleys" in our Spiritual walk, aren't there?

There are times when we don't understand the chaos around us or the emotions within us. We are in a "spiritual valley". And what do we find in the valley? - springs of water - life giving water not found on the mountaintops. Springs of water to refresh and cleanse us!!!!!

When I am writing "Tuesdays with Tiz", I am on a mountaintop of all mountaintops!!!! But before the ink is dry on the paper my King just might gently lead His Princess into a valley. Even though I might not understand it, I am learning not to kick and scream and try to pull myself out of there!!! And I don't go looking for the devil behind every bush. What am I to do? I am to look for the "Spring" that flows between the mountains. JESUS is my "Spring" when I am in the valley!!! I now know that my "valleys" are not a result of my failure but opportunities for God to reveal His goodness to me in a tender and intimate way. When He has accomplished His purpose in my life He will once again lead me to the mountain top. Do I hear a Praise!!!!

"Father, I rejoice in you today. I thank you that I can rest in you when I am on the mountain top and when I am in the valley. I pray that each person reading this post today will embrace you and drink of you, whether in the valley or on the mountain top. In Jesus name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

Debra said...

As the song says..."the God on the mountain is the same God in the valley". I think that was one of the McKameys songs. So true!Praise the Lord!

JC said...

I got my praise on!!

j said...

PRAISE! PRAISE! PRAISE! Awesome post Tiz!


God is just so good!