Thursday, April 30, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

As promised, part two in who I am in Christ.

I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people ( I Peter 2:9).

I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (II Corinthians 5:21).

I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I am not my own (I Corinthians 6:19).

I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).

I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).

I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).

I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).

I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God's kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Galatians 3:13; Deuteronomy 28:15-68).

I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).

I am called of God to be the voice of His praise (II Timothy 1:9; Psalm 66:8).

I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (I Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:5).

I am raised up with Christ and seated in Heavenly places (Colossians 2:12; Ephesians 2:6).

I am greatly loved by God (Colossians 3:12; Romans 1:7; I Thessalonians 1:4; Ephesians 2:4).

I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).

I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).

SO ARE YOU. Feel free to create your own list of who you are in Christ based on scripture. You can't help but get happy when you see who you are in Him.

Father! How awesome you are! How marvelous is your word! Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me the privilege of being you very own through Jesus my Saviour. Father, bless every person reading the post with the knowledge of who he/she is in Christ. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen

2 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, this also is an awesome post. I am going to print both post about who we are In Him and keep them handy.

Love you, Bethy

j said...

Isn't it amazing that we have to LEARN who we are in Him? That our walk with Christ is a process and we learn many lessons along the way.

The reminders were much needed. Even though I am so blessed to be His own, I forget what that says about ME and who I am sometimes.

Love you JC!