Thursday, April 16, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAYS WITH JC

Jen here....

I love this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson..."Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." I think the point is well made; Step out on faith and make a difference!

As a Christian, I don't have to fear forging new trails because Psalm 119:105 assures me "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Through His Word, I have the Lord as my guide! The path may be unknown to me, but the creator of the world knows the way!

Where do I need to go today that there is no path? Where do I need to make my trail? Wherever that path may lead, the Lord will guide me if I study His word!

Father God, thank you for your guidance. Though I may fear leaving the established paths in my life, I thank you for the knowledge that you will lovingly lead me. My trust is in thee, that I will not founder and stumble in darkness as you will light the way for me! Let the steps that I choose bring glory to you.

In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

Tiz said...

Where do I need to go today that there is no path? - I like that statement. We are God's original even in our path making!!!!

Great Post, Bethy/Tiz

JC said...

Jen, Just what I needed for today. Thanks, I love you.

Debra said...

That is one of my favorite quotes as well.

I've been reluctant recently to leave well worn paths.

Thanks for the word, I needed it!