Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Delighting our King

"The Lords delight is in those who honor him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love"
Psalm 147.11

Just think - The Lord is delighted when I put my hope in His unfailing love. He is honored when I rest in His unconditional, unfailing, unchanging Love.

When I put my hope in His unfailing love, I am not struggling to stay on God's good side. I am not condemning myself for not measuring up to His expectations of me. I have learned that my Father's love for me has nothing to do with how good I am, but has everything to do with how good He is!!! That fact alone motivates me to be about my Father's business.

If I want to honor the Lord, I stop focusing on myself and instead rest in His unfailing Love. Then my King is delighted with His Princess!!

"Father, I thank you for your unfailing love for me. I thank you that I can put my hope and my dreams in you. The thought of you being delighted in me almost overwhelms me. I pray your blessings and your rest on each person reading this post today. In Jesus unfailing name, I pray" Amen

1 comment:

j said...

"The thought of you being delighted in me almost overwhelms me."

That was worded perfectly. I understand that feeling. This was a wonderful post and a much needed reminder.

Have a wonderful week Tiz.