Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Bearing one another's burdens

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ" Galatians 6:2

What type of burden am I to help you bear? The heavy burden you cannot bear alone because it is just too heavy!!! Tragedy, sorrow, grief, divorce, wayward children and loss of employment can all be burdens you cannot handle alone.

How do I help you bear your burden? I "fulfill the law of Christ" which is to love you as He had loved me. I am not to ignore your burden. I am to put my arm around you, pray with you, and minister Jesus to you. I am to love you right where you are. I am to be your wings until you can once again fly on your own.

What am I NOT to do in regard to your burden? I am not to add to your burden by being self righteous and condemning. This is not the place for Spiritual snobness!!! I am to remember that the reason I am in a position to help you bear your burden is because of God's Grace. I am to remember that if our positions ever reverse, then you will help me bear my burden!!!!

"Father, I thank you for my Pastor who shared this message with his congregation in a powerful and loving Spirit. I thank you for loving me where I am so I can love others where they are. I pray that you will show yourself strong to anyone reading this post who needs a burden bearer. Send someone their way who has a loving, caring spirit, someone who will be Jesus to them. In Jesus Loving name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

j said...

"If our positions were reversed"... I think that is key to reacting appropriately. It is important to think about how we would want people to respond and how we would want to be treated when facing adversity. But first we should ask God to work through us to minister to the hurting.

I always feels unsure what to say to someone. This post was a wonderful reminder.

JC said...

Do to others that which you would have them do to you. Bearing another's burdens doesn't me we fix their burdens so that they become dependent on us it is standing along side as you put it being their wings until they can fly again. Wonderful post. Timely message.

Sit A Spell said...

Thanks for sharing...I kinda told my burden today on my blog...