Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

I looked through YouTube for an appropriate video to post for Memorial Day. There were many but somehow, none were just what I wanted. I came across this video and watched it. I thought it was a very good tribute. However, I was unsure of posting it because of the nameless soldiers' faces. I did not know the history behind the making of this video nor who these people were. What was their story? All I knew about them was that they all looked so young. Was it OK to post a tribute from YouTube made for people I did not know?

And of course I realized yes, this was actually perfect. These nameless soldiers, people who I did not know, had served for me... an American citizen that they did not know. We are linked by their service and my gratitude for that service. They gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving their country. I hope that as you watch the video, you will take a moment to reflect about this holiday and the true meaning behind it.



Father God, for the families that have lost a soldier, I pray that you comfort them today. I am so thankful for those who preserve the freedoms that I hold so dear - especially the freedom to worship You. I pray Christ over the lives of those who are in harm's way today while serving in the military of the United States of America. I pray a hedge of protection around all of our service men and women and especially those serving abroad. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

Tiz said...

Now, how awesome is that!!!!
I needed to be reminded that Sister Princesses serve our country and yes, give their lives for our freedom.
I am humbled.
Tiz

JC said...

Did you know that one of our ancestors was the first person killed in WWI. Just a little tidbit to pass on to your little one. Love ya, JC