Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Be You



My Sunday School Class has just concluded our study in the Book of Genesis. In our last lesson we focused on how God used each individual in a unique way to bring about His plan for the Nation of Israel. Each of these characters were authentic!! They were not carbon copies of each other. Abraham was Abraham, Issac as Issac, Jacob as Jacob and Joseph was Joseph. And you are you and I am me!!!

I shared with the class about when I was growing up my Mother always served pear salad when we were having a guest for a meal. Pear Salad was a "company dish". As a young wife I also served pear salad when we had a guest for a meal. I just thought that was the thing to do. The day came when, for some reason, I did not want to serve pear salad and I realized I did not have to just because my Mother did. That was a major revelation for me!!! I like to serve pear salad but is was, and still is, OK for me to be me.

Notice in the above photo that even blossoms are unique. The pink one is a pink one even though the rest are purple!!!! All are beautiful.

"Father, I worship and praise you as the creator of all your children. I thank you that by your perfect design you created us as individuals with unique gifts to be used in Your Kingdom. I pray for each person reading this post today. Bless them, Father, with your unique blessings designed just for them. In Jesus powerful name, I pray" Amen.

2 comments:

j said...

I have such precious memories of talking about this post with you. It was a lovely day.

I need to remember who I am in Christ and not try to be who someone else is in Him. I'm terrible about comparing my walk with others and feeling it deeply when I "come up short". I have to BE ME.

Love you!

Jen

JC said...

Yummmm pear salad. I can picture it and taste it.
It was a wonderful day with I stopped comparing myself to others. Great post.