Thursday, June 18, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

God will give you the desires of your heart. I've heard this phrase many times. Sometimes people know where it is found in scripture but most of the time they don't. I've heard friends kinda begrudging wonder why God isn't giving them the desires of their heart. Since God to them is a celestial Father longing to shower down blessings, where are their blessing.

This was a topic of conversation with a group of friends recently. Not to pat myself on the back or anything like that at all but the truth is God does give me the desires of my heart. He not only puts the desires in my heart; He fulfills the desire. WHY? Is this? Actually this was a question put to me by a church friend. To be exact the question was, "Why are you so blessed and highly favored?" You see I tell people that I'm blessed and highly favored whenever anyone asks "How are you" or "how you doing". My answer is always the same, "I'm blessed and highly favored." (I believe I am what I say. Proverbs says as a man/woman thinks in his/her heart so is he/she.)

Now I do know that Psalms 37 is the scripture reference for God giving us the desires of our heart so we turned to Psalm 37. Go ahead, get your Bible, I'll wait. The secret of God giving you the desires of your heart lies right there in the very first word of Psalm 37:4. I'm looking at Amplified version but I suppose it probably says the same in other versions. Are you there? See the word? DELIGHT!!

Delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

There it is in writing. I delight myself in the Lord. I expect to see his wonders on a daily basis. I don't get caught up in things I don't understand.

My friends know this is true. I asked them the same as I'm asking you. Are you delighting yourself in the Lord? If not maybe NOW would be a good time to start. Not to get anything from God but because you love Him with all your heart, mind, soul and spirit. I invite you to enjoy the peace, assurance, and joy from delighting yourself in Him.

Father God, I delight myself in You because I want to. No other reason. I just love to see Your wonders. You are so good to show me something new every day. I expect to see You in small ways and big ways. Thank You for giving me the desires of my heart and then fulfilling those desires. Thank You for helping me to mature in my relationship with You. My heart's desire is not longer for things but for You. All of You, all that You have for me, I desire. Thank You for each reader of this post. Father I share things about You here. Father I pray I share that which You desire to be shared. In Jesus' precious, powerful and holy name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

Tiz said...

JC, this is a beautiful post. I was thinking that just the fact that he puts the desire in us to delight ourselves in Him is favor/blessing a plenty. When I am delighting in Him, He is blessing enough. Everything else just sorta falls in its proper place.

Yes, my Sister Princess, we are blessed and highly favored!!!
Love you, Bethy

j said...

JUST. SO. GOOD.