Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Love is.......

For a long time I have been drawn to 1 Cor. 13 - The Love chapter, especially Vs 4-8. However, I had a problem because I never felt I measured up to the definition of love. And I was right, I did not measure up but Jesus inside of me did measure up!!!!

This scripture not only describes the love I can have for you; it is a description of how God loves me!!! After all, HE is LOVE. Substituting the words "God is" instead of "love is" let's read:

"God is always patient with you. God is always kind to you. God does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud. God is not rude to you, He is not self-seeking, He is never easily angered with you. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects you, always trusts you, always hopes the best for you, always perseveres with you. God's love for you never fails" 1 Cor. 13: 4-8

"Father, I thank you that you have shown me that not only do you love me unconditionally but you also accept me. You delight to call me your Princess. I pray that each person reading this post today will comprehend your great love for them. In Jesus Loving Name, I pray" Amen

3 comments:

Debra said...

One of my favorite passages of scripture! How blessed we are that He loves us so!

JC said...

GOD'S LOVE FOR ME NEVER FAILS. What a way to start the morning. Great post.

j said...

It helps to personalize the scriptures in that manner. It reminds me of his faithfulness.

Wonderful post. I feel loved!