Thursday, June 25, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

I'm not a morning person. If it were not for the fact that I must be at work at 7:30 a.m., I would sleep until I wake up. Waking up to an alarm clock just annoys me so over the years I've trained myself to wake up about 15 minutes before the alarm. Well, God is so good to me that my next door neighbor bought a new truck that is loud. Now he wakes me when he goes to work about an hour before my alarm goes off. This arrangement works very nicely except on the days he doesn't work. That is a post for another day. The point I'm trying so lamely to make is that the extra time is a blessing. I can pray, I can read my morning devotion or the Bible or I can pray. Oh, wait, I already wrote that but it still applies. For instance this morning.

Well, let me give you some background for those of you who do not follow my personal blog. I have some dental issues that it appears will require oral surgery. I went to a dental school clinic Tuesday and was told my issues would require the skill of a private practice oral maxillofacial surgeon. The implication is that there may be more going on than I want to think about. Well, this morning I really needed to hear a word from my Father (Abba, Daddy) God.

Here is what I read from the book titled His Princess, Love Letters from Your King by Sheri Rose Shepherd, "The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand (Psalm 121:5 NIV). My Princess...I WILL WORK OUT WHAT'S BEST. I know what's best for you, and nothing happens without My knowledge. I see your disappointment when things don't unfold in your life the way you had envisioned. But if you could only lift your eyes to heaven and see My hand moving with eternal purposes, you could better understand. Don't forget that your life here is temporary...in other words. My love, you're not home yet. But for now I want you to trust Me in your disappointments, and let Me turn your pain into a passion to persevere. Wait on Me, My love. Don't give up! Rather, give in to Me and My perfect plan for you, knowing that I only desire the very best for you. Love, Your King and Father who truly knows best."

I was immediately settled in my spirit and mind. Everything that is going on, He knows and He is in control.

Father God, Thank You for reminding me through this devotion that I have nothing to be concerned about because my life is under Your control. You are working all things for my good and for Your Glory and for that I praise You. Father I delight myself in you. I claim healing for my body though the blood and name of Jesus. Let me like David recall all the times in my past when You have shown Yourself strong on my behalf. In Jesus' precious, holy & powerful name I pray. Amen

2 comments:

Tiz said...

Now, JC, this post settles me in my spirit also!!! God is so very good to His Princesses. My sweet sister, this is just a bump in the road that our King will level out in His perfect timing.

Love you,
Bethy

j said...

This could be a fill in the blank post. We could take the part that you talked about dental worries and put other worries there.... daily. And God's word is eternal and will apply to each of our lives and worries. PRAISE GOD! His word can be personalized.... His word IS a personal letter to each of us.

My favorite part was the reminder that we are not home yet. How blessed we are to know that we will leave all of these worries behind one day!

Meanwhile, we can carry one another's burdens to God in prayer. I will pray for your need of oral surgery.

Love you JC!