Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Old Age

I recently received an email from a friend and since there was nothing written on the subject line, I thought it might be a personal note so that was the first email I opened. It had to do with one of the changes going on in Washington. (I get a lot of those!!!) This one was in regards to health care reform and rationing of health care for senior citizens and since I am a senior citizen I read it!!! (most of the time I do not read them). One senator supposedly had made the statement that "health care reform will not be pain free. Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them". No, I did not let the spirit of fear attach itself to me!!!!

Next I opened one of the daily devotions I receive. The featured verse of the day was 2nd Cor. 4:16 "...though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day". Now, how neat is that!!! Even though we are aging, we can still build up our spiritual life. Another verse was Psalm 92:14 "They will still yield fruit in old age;"
Do I hear a praise!!!!

I will be mindful in the future to open my devotions before I open the rest of the emails.

"Father, I praise your blessed name today for who you are. I marvel at your perfect timing in my life. With you in the center of my life I can boldly proclaim, that even though today is great, my best years are ahead of me. Father, it is such a joy to know you. In Jesus name, I pray" Amen.

2 comments:

j said...

Tiz, you are the most UN-senior citizen like senior that I know. And I think you give God the glory for your health and attitude.

If we focused on the news of the world we would despair. But with our eyes fixed on Jesus we can rejoice always!

Love you Tiz.

JC said...

Just the post I needed after spending the day with doctors. HA!