Thursday, August 13, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13 NIV

I can make it through anything in the one who makes me who I am. Phil 4:13 MSG

I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me. Phil. 4:13 AMP

I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me. Phil. 4:13 KJV

When difficult times arise do you remember Phil. 4:13? I hope you do. I'm guilty of not always remember this verse. The context of the verse is Paul saying he knew what it is like to have nothing and to have plenty. He had learned to be content with much or little. What a wonderful testimony!!! To learn to be content whatever our circumstances. Paul knew this because he knew his strength came from the one that make him. How cool is that.

Well, yesterday my dentist quoted this scripture to me. You see I'm going to be wearing braces for awhile, then have dental surgery, followed by more braces and finally in a couple of years dental implants. The first of the process began yesterday when the orthodontist put spacers between my upper back teeth to make room for metal bands that will go on next Tuesday. I went to my Dentist office for a cleaning yesterday afternoon. After the cleaning the Dentist looked at my teeth and the spacers, looked me in the eye and quoted Phil. 4:13. He told me to remember that verse when my mouth was sore and to remember the end result will be worth it.

Little did I know he meant I would be sore TODAY, very, very sore. But, thanks to him I'm clinging to Phil. 4:13. I may have many Phil. 4:13 days ahead. So when you get down and discouraged have yourself a Phil. 4:13 day.

Father God, how wonderful you are to provide just what I need when I need it. Thank you for providing me with Godly Christian Doctors who are not ashamed to speak your word to their patients. I am so blessed. Father, if there is anyone reading this post that needs to be encouraged, I pray they go to your word. In Jesus' holy and powerful name I pray. Amen

2 comments:

j said...

I am so so so sorry that you are sore but more thankful than I am sorry that you have Christ to get you through this experience.

I love reading that scripture in the different translations.

Hang in there JC! Remember too when you are weak He is strong!!

Love you - Jen

Tiz said...

JC, now this is a perfect
"Phil 4:13 Day" post. Thanks.

I am going to have a wonderful
Phil 4:13 day today and I trust you will do the same.

Love you,
Bethy