Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Walking in the Will of God




"We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

Another great truth about my Grace Walk is that God is in complete charge of everything. If He isn't, then He is in charge of nothing. He is in control of the universe and all that is in it and I am in it!!! He is sovereign and He will work out His perfect plan for my life. The Spirit of Christ is my internal Guide. This guarantees that I am able to walk in the Will of God. It is not up to me to find the Will of God for my life. God will make His will known to me as I abide in Jesus Christ. That takes the pressure off me. That is God's Amazing Grace.

What is God's will for me? JESUS IS GOD'S WILL FOR ME!!!! The Will of God is a Person, not a path or a plan. As I abide in Him, He will work out His perfect will in my life. I don't need to flatter myself by thinking I am big enough to stop it!!!!


"Abba Father, I praise your sovereign name today. I thank you that you love me enough to give me the assurance that, not only have you taken care of my sin problem, but you are also working Your Will in my life day by day. Bless each person reading this post today with an assurance of Your Love for them. In Jesus blessed name, I pray." Amen

5 comments:

JC said...

WOW TIZ, JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO READ TODAY. THANK YOU.

j said...

My favorite sentence was "JESUS IS GOD'S WILL FOR ME!!!!" I don't have to search for what God's will for my life is - there it is!

Wonderful post Tiz!

Love you, Jen

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never thought about the will of God that way. I always felt like I needed to pray for it to find it or to seek it out. Well, what is it, then, when people say "it wasn't in God's will" or "I was not in God's will"? If we are in Christ, and, therefore, in God's will, does that mean everything we do is His will? Good and bad? Just some thoughts that popped into my head while reading and reflecting on this awesome post!

Tiz said...

Liz, thanks for your encouraging comment. I think the key to knowing we are "Walking in the Will of God" is ABIDING in Jesus Christ. I think I am going to write on Abiding in Him next week so tune in again.

Steve McVey has written an awesome book titled Walking in the Will of God. You can go to his website www.gracewalk.org and review it.

Be blessed In Jesus today,
Tiz

CHolmes said...

We make life a lot more difficult when we try to do things on our own. He just wants us so He can do it through us.