Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jen here...

My husband has often told me "If anyone has the faith of a child, you do." He wonders at my ability to not question, to believe even when I don't fully understand. Bryan (my husband) has an analytical personality so when he doesn't understand something, it frustrates him. He admires the fact that I am able, with peace and confidence, to say that God will sort it all out and that all I need to know for sure is that I am His.

And I do indeed KNOW that I am His.

I have been in a personally reflective mood lately. This is good for "spiritual growth" (for want of a better phrase) but it can be painful.... like growing pains felt in the heart.

This faith of a child that I supposedly have looks so much more like the faith of the proverbial teenager. When did I get so stubborn? When did I start having a rebellious spirit toward the things of God? When did I become so lazy? When did I become so completely fixated on what I want instead of what God wants for me?

*Just a note... "proverbial teenager". I am in no way trying to say that ALL teens behave this way but am using a stereotype. No offense or aspersions toward the character of 13-19 year old individuals intended.



So even though my FAITH is childlike, my walk needs to be more mature. I need to do some growing up!



All of the days of my life, I will have times of growing and resting. What I would like to avoid are the periods of rebellion. But praise God that He is faithful and just to forgive me of my sin. He is my Heavenly Father and He loves me regardless of how I childishly show out and misbehave.



Father God, you prove to me over and over that your way is THE way. As I try to live MY way, I have to seek you in the end.... like a teenager going to their parent with a speeding ticket. "I'm sorry, help me clean up my mess." Thank you for the love that you have for me - stronger than the love that any parent can have for their child. Lord help me to stay focused on Your Son, that I would not rebel. In Jesus name, Amen.

3 comments:

Tiz said...

Jen, the way I look at it is that to have child like faith is the faith our King wants us to have. Observe a child - he just believes his needs are met and he goes off and plays without a care of any kind!!! That child trusts his daddy!!
I have written a post on this subject in my head but it is not on paper yet.
Love you,
Tiz

JC said...

Great post Jen. I think your child like faith is pleasing to Him and your rebellion isn't a surprise to Him. He love you no matter what.

Debra said...

Jen,

Your post brought to mind a scripture I had not read in quite some time. Romans 8:1- "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus..."

That fact has always brought me much comfort.

Blessings my dear sister friend.