Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Abiding in Christ (continued)

Last week in my post (HERE) the Scripture reference was John 15:4

Today I want to continue about Abiding in Christ by looking as John 15:7 ”If you abide in Me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you.”
One translation says “ask what you desire”. Another says “ask what you will” and another says “whatever you want”.

I also note that this verse not only says if I abide in Him but also if “His Words abide in me”. If His Word is abiding in me then my focus is on Him.

Also look at Psalms 37:4 “Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart”.

Abiding in Christ is a life lived from the inside out with our total focus being on the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is a life that is all about Him and not about us.

As I affirm who I am in Him and who He is in me then my desires, my wants and my wishes will be His wants, His desires, and His wishes. Yes, my King is just waiting to give His Princess the desire of her heart and He will do just that as she abides in Him!!! He is the desire of her heart!!! Do I hear a Praise!!!

“Father, You are my Praise today. As I abide in You and Your Word abides in me, I have only one desire and that desire is You. Everything else just falls in place. I pray that every person reading this post today will experience You as the desire of their heart. In Jesus name, I pray.” Amen

1 comment:

j said...

The entire post was wonderful but the prayer at the end especially touched me.

I am so thankful for the way God uses you to minister to me. Truly.

Love you Tiz.