Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Agape Love

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them." Luke 6:32

"But the fruit of the Spirit is Love...." Galatians 5:22


As believers in Jesus Christ, Agape Love is part of our identity. Agape Love is God's Love and is a part of every believer. I can love someone because of who I am, not because that person is loveable!!! I may like someone because of who they are; I love them because of who I am. God loves me beause He is Love and not because I am loveable. If it were any other way, God's love would be conditional.

Friends, God's Love for us is not based on our performance, but on His character. Unconditional Love is Grace in action. It is giving unconditionally to meet the needs of another. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.." John 3:16. Now , just think, in our spirits we are filled with the same uncondtional love.!!!!

The grace of God enables us to love others in a way that people without Christ cannot. I may not always be able to order my emotions to respond to liking someone but I can love them because of who I am in Jesus Christ. I can choose to do the loving thing and trust that my feelings will follow in time. That is God's Amazing Grace!!!!!

"Thank you, Father, for loving me unconditonally. Thank you for sending Jesus to make this love real to me. I thank you that you are showing me that I can love others as you have loved me. Bless each person reading this post today with an awareness of your unconditional Love for them. In Jesus Loving name, I pray." Amen






1 comment:

j said...

I realized that although I read this last week, I haven't left a comment letting you KNOW that I've read it.

And loved it.

I am learning more everyday about God's Grace.

Love you Tiz!

Jennifer