Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


The Parable of Chippie

Chippie was a little bird who sat in his cage and joyfully sang bird songs. His face expressed total contentment. He enjoyed perfect peace day in and day out.

Chippie never knew what hit him. You see, Chippies's owner decided to clean his cage with the vacuum. She became distracted after placing the nozzle in the cage and poor Chippie was a goner. Realizing what had happened she turned the vacuum off, opened the bag and there was Chippie, stunned and covered in dust. She rushed him to the kitchen sink where she turned the faucet full blast and held Chippie under the cold water, power washing him. And then he was blasted with hot air from a hair dryer to dry him off. By this time Chippie's eyes sort of rolled back in his head so the owner stopped the rescue attempt.

Chippie did survive but he didn't sing anymore. He just stared into space and twitched sad little bird-twitches every now and then. No wonder. Sucked up, washed down and blown over!!! That is enough to steal the song from any bird heart.

Sometime life sucks up up, hoses you down and knocks you over with no warning at all. We just do not see it coming. Financial disaster, lost jobs, sickness, wayward children, church splits, broken relationships - you name it.

Yes, life comes at us hard but we don't have to stop singing!!! Our Melody of Life is Jesus Christ. Being a Christian does not mean we will not have a "Chippie crisis moment". We are guaranteed that as children of a loving Father, we can experience victory throughout these situations. Our victory is Jesus Christ.

"Father, I praise you as my Victory in every crisis situation in my life. I pray for anyone reading this post that might be going through a crisis moment. Help them to realize that they can and will sing again because you are their Song. In Jesus name, I pray." Amen

5 comments:

JC said...

Great story; strong message.

Rose said...

I love the analogy. I have had quite a few 'chippie" moments and it is easy to occasionally forget our song. Thanks for the reminder to keep singing no matter what.

j said...

This post was wonderful but my favorite part was talking to you about it in person :)

Love you Tiz!

Jen

Anonymous said...

I think I've felt like Chippie for a couple of years now! I hope my song will come back soon. Thanks for reminding me that at some point, all of us are sucked up, powerwashed, and/or blowdried. I guess maybe I just wasn't expecting all three!

entsala said...

what a beautiful story. (i found you on the mimi's site.)i hope you don't mind, but i think i will follow you. i always love finding a sister in Jesus.