Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Be Still



"Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10



Being still is not a time when our minds are blank. It is a time when our minds are filled with Him. It is a time when we meditate on Him and Him alone. In the stillness, the cares of this world fade away as we rest in Him, knowing He knows our every thought and He understands everything we are feeling. In the stillness, we experience His unconditional love and acceptance.



My Friends, coming aside and being still does not just happen. It is difficult to set aside time to be quiet when all around us is busyness and chaos. I have found that "the news does not have to be watched"...my favorite book can be closed...face book will wait...in fact; my computer can be shut down if necessary!!!OUCH!!!



Personally, I must come aside, be still, and "come into His presence" if I am to survive and enjoy my Christian walk. Ten or twenty minutes are great, but, hey, two minutes is better than nothing.



"Father, I thank you for the joy of coming into your presence and just letting you love me. In your presence is where I feel secure and at rest. I pray that someone reading this post today will have a burning desire to just be still and enjoy You. In the precious name of Jesus, I pray." Amen

2 comments:

JC said...

Wonderful post. Thanks, I needed it.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Excellent, excellent post. Thanks for sharing. Timely, too, for an issue that I am dealing with.