Tuesday, November 10, 2009

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Burnt Biscuits

I am always attracted to articles where I see someone showing grace to someone else and this article does just that. I am not the little girl in this article but I was blessed to be raised in a home where this easily could have been my Dad showing this kind of grace to my Mom. Let this article bless your heart.




When I was a little girl, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!



When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Baby, I love burned biscuits."



Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"..........author unknown



Friends, let's look for some way we can show grace to another person today. Let's take the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our life and lay them at the feet of Jesus. Because in the end, He's the only one who will be able to give us a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker!!



"Father, I thank you that you always show Grace to me. As a result of you showing Grace to me, I long to show Grace to those around me. In Jesus Name, I ask you for Grace to do just that. In your Grace Giving Name, I pray."Amen

5 comments:

JC said...

Yes, it could have happened in our home. Beautiful post.

Rose said...

Love that example of Grace. Thank you for sharing it.

j said...

It's funny but Bryan still teases me about a pizza that I tried to make in our first year of marriage.

I cried over that pizza.

There is nothing cruel in his teasing... it's full of love and nostalgia :)

Matty said...

Visiting from Jennifer at Dust Bunny Hostage.

This hits home with me.....several times a week. My wife is forever burning the rolls. Either the temperature is too high, or she forgets about them and leaves them in too long.

She always apologizes, and I always tell her they're okay. ALWAYS!

Burnt rolls are not worth making an issue over. Come to think of it, few things are. The way I see it, 10,000 years from now will it matter that TODAY she burned the rolls?

I am a wise man.

entsala said...

wow, what a beautiful story! and what a wonderful message and lesson