Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Jesus plus nothing

"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." 1 Cor 2:2

. It's not Jesus plus the church I attend
. It's not Jesus plus my good behavior
. It's not Jesus plus the years I taught Sunday School
. It's not Jesus plus my tithe
. It's not Jesus plus the number of verses I can quote
. It's not Jesus plus my wisdom from the latest Christian seminar
. It's not Jesus plus well-behaved children
. It's not Jesus plus the right job
. It's not Jesus plus the right spouse

It is Jesus plus NOTHING. Now, friends, that is rest!!!

"Father, how I praise you for who you are. I thank you that Jesus is my rest, my Peace, my Joy. I pray that someone reading this post today will discover you as the total source to meet their every need. In Jesus all sufficient Name, I pray."Amen

6 comments:

j said...

This was the perfect way to start my day!

I am reading Kelly Minter's No Other Gods. It's the funniest thing about that book - I walked by it four times before I just picked it up and bought it. It has spoken to me from the beginning! And it goes hand in hand with your post.

I think there is something here that God wants me to learn.

Love you Tiz! This was a wonderful post to start off 2010!!

Rose said...

Jesus plus nothing! Amen to that.

Together We Save said...

Amen... wonderful.

Life Laugh Latte said...

Love this! Agree 100%. New here...and so happy I found y'all. Happy New Year...and I'll be back. Holly

Life Laugh Latte said...

Thanks for coming by Tiz. Great to find more Christian bloggers. We haven't specifically decided to do a Christian blog. We wanted to just be the women that we are, honest and open and let the spiritual part of ourselves flow out naturally. We worried it would limit our topics or honest reactions. We've only been doing this since August, and as I examine our Followers we have a lot of ranters who are funny to read for awhile, but exhaust me. I added your blog and Faith Imagined and it has helped a lot to balance the world view. So important though for us to shine thru that darkness in an authentic way. Thanks for what y'all are doing here. Love it. Holly

Sharon said...

Thank you for this post and the dance with Jesus. Never thought of it that way.