Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jen here....

*At the request of my Sister Princess Tiz, I am reposting this on Prayerfully Yours. I am humbled that she would would ask - Tiz has such a gift and her weekly posts always hold such a blessing for me. My prayer is that God will use this for His glory in your life.

The Body of Christ needs all types of believers. We were not meant to have a cookie cutter faith. If God wanted all believers to look alike, there would be no free will... no personal choices. We would look like Jesus-droids - all walking the same walk. Jesus-droids would render the scripture "Work out YOUR OWN salvation with fear and trembling" unnecessary. We would be working out OUR identical salvation. Granted, we have the same goal... to become Christ-like.

My father is a preacher. Let me ask you something... is the Lord MORE delighted with my father than He is with me? Does he find more delight with my father's works as compared to my lack there of?

Would it surprise you if I said "No"? I don't think God is more delighted with the preachers of this world more so than church slackers like me.

God is delighted with Christ in us. He sees Jesus's righteousness instead of my flesh because I am washed in the blood of Christ. Jesus Christ is the same, unchanging, no shifting shadow... His effect on our lives may be different but He is the same. So God delights equally in His children who are clothed in the righteousness of Christ. The REWARDS in Heaven will differ based on works, but his delight is the same.

When Jesus was baptized and God spoke from Heaven saying "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased", He did not say "And you too John the Baptist... and all of y'all here getting baptized and supporting Jesus at His baptism, I am well pleased with y'all as well." (yeah, God sounds Southern when I write). NO! He said he was pleased with His Son. And the way to the Father is through the Son.

There is such temptation for Christians to judge others because their walk is different. As someone who has been judged and found wanting in the eyes of another.... it hurts. But my Father in Heaven is there to show His delight in me RIGHT WHERE I AM. He also loves me enough to not leave me right where I am in my walk with Him. He desires to bring me further along, NOT to please others, but for the glory of God.

3 comments:

Tiz said...

Thank you, Jen for sharing this post with our readers...someone just might be set free by this post...free to be Jesus to their world.

Because of His Grace,
Tiz

JC said...

Jen, I'm so thankful you posted this here. One of the greatest lessons new Christians can learn is to develop their relationship with Jesus and not dwell on another's relationship. Awesome post.

Life Laugh Latte said...

So well said. At our bible study group last night, one of the young moms was feeling terrible because she wasn't "doing" more helping others outside of her little family. We are in the next stage and tried to remind her that those small children are her ministry. God can grow her passion to serve during this time, but the time to act on it might be when they are older. People that are not Christians might compare cars, Christians often compare works. Holly:)