Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz


A Romans 12:15 friend

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep" Romans 12:15


I so desire to be a true Romans 12:15 friend. It is easy for me to rejoice with those who rejoice ....these folks don't have anything that needs to be fixed so I just rejoice with them.


Just weeping with those who weep is not easy for me. I want to "fix" the hurt. I used to think that those who are weeping need me to say something...just say something to make the hurt go away. This verse tells me to weep with those who weep...not instruct those who weep. Our King is so tenderly teaching this Princess that she does not have to say or do anything to make the hurt go away...just be there for them and let Jesus minister to them through her. Just be there, love them, hurt with them and weep with them.


Yes, I want to be a Romans 12:15 friend and I want to be surrounded by a bunch of Romans 12:15 friends!!!!


"Father, I thank you for all you are teaching me about being a true friend. I pray for someone reading this post today who is weeping and needs a Romans 12:15 friend. I ask you to bless them with your answer to their need. In Jesus comforting name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

JC said...

Great post. I like you try to fix the hurt. Great prespective. Thanks!

j said...

Well said. I do wonder though... if you are praying and weeping for them NOT by their side or in their presence... do you tell them? Will they know that you are sincere?

I am not always good at being a friend. In truth, I have a lot to learn.

Love you!

Jen

Tiz said...

Jen, personally I think this is when a sincere "I Love You" card would be appreciated.

Just today I had to put this post into action....regarding a very painful situation...by phone, I let a Sister Princess have the liberty of talking without me trying to fix it...just assuring her I love her and am there for her.

Together We Save said...

Thanks for sharing... I am always the "fixer". Ummm .... well I should say I try to be.