Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Our Shepherd

"We are His People and the Sheep of His Pasture." Psalm 100:3

"I am the good Shepherd" John 10:11

"He restores my soul" Psalm 23:3



Have you ever said, "I was crushed when..."? Maybe it was when you lost your job, when your child rebelled, when a friend betrayed you, when the doctor gave a devastating report or when someone on the other end of the phone line said,"I'm sorry but your loved one has passed away". Sure you were crushed...your soul (mind, will and emotions) was crushed. Where do we turn for help? We go to our Shepherd...and "He restores our soul". To restore means "to return back to the point of departure". This tells me that my Shepherd will restore my peace, my joy and my emotional energy back to where it was before I was crushed.

As I snuggle up close to the Shepherd, He will make me to lie down in green pastures as I feast on the rich Word of God. He will lead me beside still waters as I worship Him. Then, and only then, will my soul be restored to where it was before I was crushed. PRAISE, PRAISE, PRAISE!!!

"Father, I praise you as my Shepherd. I pray for someone reading this post who has lost their peace and joy because they have been crushed. Father, I ask you to minister to them and restore their soul. In Jesus Name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

Rose said...

Praise you LORD...the one who provides living water to refresh my soul!

Together We Save said...

Thanks for sharing. I love stopping by here.

JC said...

Great post. Today is the date my husband and his girls and grandchildren lost his first wife. They were crushed but they still have one who provides and loves beyond measure. I needed to read this today. Thanks.