Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


God is our den!!!

"LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations" Psalm 90:1

Today I was directed to Psalm 90 by a precious Sister Princess. Even though I read the entire Psalm my mind stuck on the first verse. The Messsage translation of Psalm 90:1 reads as follows: "God, it seems you've been our home forever." The word "home" just warms my heart.

Dr. John Phillips in his book, "Exploring the Psalms", states that the word translated "dwelling place" literally means "den." God is our den!!! I like to be invited into someone's den rather than the living room. The den is a warm, inviting room where the family gathers (most homes I go in today only have dens). I am comfortable in the den where I can kick back and be a part of the family.

Yes, I like to think of God as my den...a warm, loving God in whose loving arms I can really be at home. Praise, Praise, Praise!!!

"Father, how precious it is to be in you, where I am safe and secure, where I am loved and cared for. You truly are our dwelling place...our home...our den. I thank you and praise you in Jesus Name." Amen

3 comments:

Rose said...

Wow, I love the idea of the den. I had no idea. It is a more comfortable place and we should feel that way about God.....comfort! Great analogy!

j said...

I hope you know how much I love this post! I am amazed at how God works!

Have a wonderful Day Tiz. Mine will definitely be better for re-reading your words.

Jen

JC said...

Great post!!! A den a place of comfort just like our God. Wonderful.