Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ


Jesus, the Teacher

"...the multitudes were amazed at His teachings; for He was teaching them as one having authority..." Matt 7:28-29

If my pastor announced that Jesus would be teaching in our service Sunday morning, I would make sure I was in my seat and ready to hear the truth He would be teaching. I know He would be teaching Grace and Truth because He is Grace and Truth. And then I am reminded that Grace and Truth is in my Bible and anytime I get alone with Him and read my Bible then He is my teacher. I do not see Him with my physical eyes...I experience Him with my spiritual eyes.

Jesus was and is the greatest teacher of all times because He taught with authority and His teachings were practical. He taught about camels and needles, sparrows and hairs on my head, logs, specks and eyes, a son and a far country, vines and branches....all to show me truths about Him and truths about me. I learn from Him because God created me to respond to truth and He is the truth.

Friends, why don't we stop a minute, open our Bible and let Jesus teach us Grace and Truth. Enjoy your time with Him...enjoy Him.

"Father, I love, adore and worship you today. Thank you for reminding me that the greatest teacher of all times is in my Bible and this same teacher lives within my heart to make His teachings real to me. Open the eyes of my understanding to see and experience You. In Jesus name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

JC said...

Wonderful post. When we get alone with Him is key.

Together We Save said...

Beautiful post!! Thanks for your kind words.
I am feeling much better today.

j said...

Well said Tiz. And a good reminder as well. I'm going to take a moment RIGHT. NOW. to read and fellowship with Him.

Love you!

Jen