Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Resurrection Morning

"Jesus said to her, "Mary" John 20:16

As I reread the account of Jesus's death, burial and resurrection this week, I was so moved by the story of Mary Magdalene at the empty tomb that first Easter morning. I tried to put myself in her place and imagine losing the most precious person in the world to me. I just could not go there!!! Mary Magdalene had a great love for Jesus because she knew she had been forgiven much. She loved Him with all her heart and now He was gone!!! Her love for Him has brought her to His tomb very early in the morning. She is grieved beyond explanation and the first time Jesus spoke to her she did not recognize Him because she could not see Him through her tears. But then He spoke her name, "Mary" and she turned and saw Him. She turned...what did she turn from?...she turned from an empty tomb and looked into the face of A Risen Savior. She turned from her sorrow and pain and saw Him!!! Glory, Glory, Glory!!!

When He calls my name and I turn from emptiness, pain and sorrow, I see my Risen Savior. Jesus ask Mary Magdalene not to "cling to Him". But, unlike Mary, He invites me to cling to Him. Who else can I cling too? My heart has been so blessed by visiting with Jesus and Mary Magdaline and the empty tomb!!

Enjoy Jesus as you celebrate Easter, 2010.

"Father, I thank you that I love and serve a Risen Savior. I pray that those reading this post today will rejoice in You this Easter week and will truly experience you as the Risen Lord. In Jesus Glorious Name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

Rose said...

Amen! Blessings to you and yours during this Resurrection season.

JC said...

Awesome post. He spoke her name and he speaks ours today. Happy Resurrection Day.

Together We Save said...

Beautiful post!! I always leave your site with a smile on my face.

j said...

"She turned...what did she turn from?...she turned from an empty tomb and looked into the face of A Risen Savior. She turned from her sorrow and pain and saw Him!!!"

GLORY GLORY GLORY indeed! That is a beautiful picture. It makes my heart fill with joy!