Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Worship




"The Lord takes pleasure in those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him" Psalm 147:11




What is Worship? Anything we do that brings pleasure to God is an act of worship. Worship is as natural for the child of God as eating and breathing. In his book, "The Purpose Driven Life" Rick Warren states, "If we fail to worship God then we will find a substitute, even if it ends up being ourselves."




We refer to our church services as our Worship Service and usually we think of the singing as being the Worship part of the service. However, every part of our church service is an act of Worship...singing, praying, giving, listening to the sermon and taking notes. Keeping the nursery is an act of Worship!!! Sitting there with an attitute, wishing the service would be over soon IS NOT an act of worship!!!!




Every part of our lives can be an act of Worship when done in His Name. I can iron, cook meals for my family, clip coupons, write Tuesdays with Tiz, take a walk, or take care of our insureds at work... all in His Name and God sees it as Worship and He is pleased with His Princess!!!!




Enjoy worshipping Him today.




"Father, I truly do worship and praise you today. You are awesome and I am so blessed that you drew me to yourself and gave me a heart of worship for you. You truly are worthy to be praised. Bless someone reading this post today with an overwhelming desire to worship you. In Jesus precious name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

JC said...

In all we do, do it as unto the Lord. I don't know the reference but I know it is in the scriptures somewhere.

j said...

I am climbing back in the car today, this time with a sore throat and an icky nose. My attitude this morning was less than joyful. I'm going to adjust and begin to worship the Lord. I don't have to give in to the natural!

It was wonderful to see you, even if for just a minute.

Love you Tiz!

Together We Save said...

You always have such a wonderful message!! Thanks so much!!

j said...

I felt like I needed to re-read this post this morning. I look forward to the Tuesday post about trust. I know it is going to minister to me!

I am thankful for you Tiz!