Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

God is in control


"The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away;blessed be the name of the LORD" Job 1:21

A few days ago I tuned in to Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah. He is teaching a series on the Book of Job. A Princess named Heidi gave a testimony about losing her home in a wild fire. She and her family left their home when the fire was within a few feet of their house feeling sure this would be the last time she would see her house. Her spirit and her attitude were just incredible as she shared about the sovereignty of God even though she and 1600 other families lost their houses.


Heidi stated that she never ask "Why" because she truly believed that God was in control and if He was in control then this event in her life was God's will and she took comfort in that fact. She further stated that she knew God would provide her every need and it was just awesome to see Him work. This event was another adventure in trust and an opportunity for God to bless her.


I was so blessed to hear this testimony and even as I type this post my heart is rejoicing in knowing that the Awesome God I love, trust, worship and serve will always take care of and provide my every need just like He did for Heidi. Either He is in control of everything or He is in control of nothing. Praise, Praise, Praise !!!


"Father, I praise you today for who you are and I thank you for being so real to me. I ask you to bless someone reading this post with an awareness of your love and concern for them. In Jesus precious name, I pray." Amen

4 comments:

JC said...

All or nothing, awesome statement. I know that is why I find myself on Kingsway Drive. A twice daily reminder. I needed this post. Thanks.

Together We Save said...

Beautiful post!!

Gus and Gladys Glum said...

Dearest Tiz! This is Heidi Pullen and I am so touched that you would use my little testimony in your sweet and God honoring blog. Thank you for your kind words. How on earth can we ever begin to fathom the depth of His unconditional love and all consuming care for His children? What an incredible God we serve. Tiz, I am thrilled that my testimony of His provision was encouraging to you. The Lord receives all the praise and glory for that season of my life. Much love to you, Tiz! Heidi

Tiz said...

Heidi, thanks for your comment. Tune in again next week...same time...same station.