Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

Overwhelmed by His Grace


"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the rightousness of God in him." II Cor 5:21


Have you ever felt overwhelmed by God's Grace shown to you in Jesus Christ? Well, I have had one of those times this week. As I write this post, my heart is simply overflowing with His Love and Grace.


This past Sunday in Sunday School we were finishing up our study in the book of Exodus. We had studied in depth about how God came to live in the Tabernacle in the Wilderness. In preparing to finalize the study I was teaching about God living with Adam in the Garden of Eden but then He withdrew from Adam because of sin and Adam died spiritually. A precious Princess spoke up and said "but because of what Jesus did that will never happen to us"...I just about had a "glory fit" even though she stole my punch line!!! "Because of what Jesus did"...that is Grace!!! and I am overwhelmed.


Jesus said in John 14:16 "and I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another comforter, that he may abide with you forever". Do we deserve it? No, we do not deserve it ...that's Grace and I am overwhelmed.


"Father, I thank you that I do not have to be concerned about you leaving me or forsaking me "because of what Jesus did". Reveal yourself as Grace and Glory to
someone reading this post today. In Jesus Grace Filled Name, I pray." Amen

2 comments:

j said...

What a perfectly beautiful story! I rejoiced with you that God will never again withdraw from us because of His Son.

I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

JC said...

I'm feeling myself of the edge of a glory fit.