Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

Put away Bitterness

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice." Eph. 4:31

My pastor is preaching/teaching through the Book of Ephesians and has come to the subject of bitterness. Personally, I believe if bitterness is dealt with in the life of a believer then over half the battle has been won. We make a choice of whether or not to let a root of bitterness grow in us. Bitterness in the life of a believer causes a lot of health problems, damaging the Temple of God. Bitterness can become a lifestyle and takes away the joy in our lives, even the Joy of my relationship with God. Bitterness destroys relationships...who wants be be around a bitter person who is obsessed with negative speaking!!! I would rather listen to someone "cuss" as to listen to them speak negative.....I am NOT typing myself into the Glory Zone!!!

Bitterness says "God, I don't trust you." What is the cure? I will deal with that in my next post.

"Father, I thank you for loving me even when the spirit of bitterness attempts to attach itself to me. I am thankful that, in You, I can refuse to entertain that damaging spirit of bitterness. Be especially dear to someone reading this post who is experiencing bitterness. Show them that You are their answer. In Jesus forgiving name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

j said...

Bitterness... an unforgiving spirit... resentment... I think these are feelings that can attach themselves to us in the natural that have to be dealt with by God. I really look forward to reading the next installment of this post.

Have a wonderful day!

JC said...

Can't wait for next week. Love ya!

Together We Save said...

You always share a message I need to hear and apply to my life. Thanks again!!