Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

How to "Put away Bitterness"

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4: 32

My last post was about the damaging spirit of bitterness in the life of a believer. So what do we do about it? Nurse it or get rid of it? It is our choice.

If we chose to get rid of it then we will extend kindness and a hand of compassion to the offending person or situation. We are to "Be" kind and compassionate. It is an act of our will and is a life long process. We have a new opportunity almost daily to be kind and compassionate in a difficult situation. Believers are not allowed the luxury of "getting even", "holding a grudge"or "being hateful". We simply do not have that option if we are to live a life of Victory in Jesus Christ. Only through Jesus can we let go of a bitter response which allows a root of bitterness to grow in us. If we keep our focus on Jesus , our focus is not on ourselves and the bitter situation. Then and only then will our attitude be opposite that of a bitter attitude. Do I get an "Amen" to that?

Next time I will post on the rest of this verse "forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." ...get ready, set, go, you are going to walk in complete freedom!!!

"Father, I praise you for being my Victory, my Kindness and my Compassion. I thank you that I can live free of bitterness and resentment. I pray that someone reading this post today has found freedom from a spirit of bitterness and will experience a victorious walk in You. In Jesus precious name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

Together We Save said...

Thank you so much.... another beautiful message.

j said...

Yah! Blogger ate my comment.

I was saying that I've been talking to my girls about this very thing lately.

Have a wonderful week Tiz!

JC said...

Great message.