Monday, November 15, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

Rest and Peace in Him

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul"Psalm 23: 1-3a

Friends, have you had one of those times when you are awakened out of a peaceful sleep with fear and anxiety causing your soul to tremble...your mind and emotions tied in a knot? Well, I had one of those times several nights ago. I immediately recognized that a spirit of fear was attempting to attach itself to me. I knew this fear was not from the Lord because He has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and of a sound mind. This fear was from the enemy and must be defeated with the Word of God.

I entered into the Presence of the Lord and began to quietly quote the 23rd Psalm asking the Holy Spirit to make these words real to my spirit...not just words to be recited.

As I quoted the 2nd verse ,"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters", the Spirit of God spoke to me and said, "Oh, My Princess, don't you see, I am the green pastures I make you to lie down in. The grass is green, the grass is alive...not dead, brown grass. So lie down in Me, find rest and enjoy My Life. My perfect Rest is yours every hour of every day.

And, My Princess, I am the still waters I lead you beside. I am Still, Peaceful Waters, not a raging sea. My Princess, My perfect Peace is yours every hour of every day!!!

"He restoreth my soul". Yes, my soul had been restored. My mind and emotions were peaceful, the fear lifted, the enemy had been defeated and this Princess went back to sleep!!! Praise His Name!!!

"Father, I praise you as my Rest and Peace. I humbly thank you for revealing yourself to me personally in Your Word. Bless each person reading this post today with your perfect Rest and your perfect Peace. Bless them with Yourself. In Jesus Restful and Peaceful Name I pray." Amen

4 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

So beautiful...your word along with this peaceful Psalm brought refreshment to me this evening.

Thank you.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

j said...

Far too often I awake feeling what you felt, after having dreams that upset me. Prayer always brings peace.

I love the Words spoken to His princess.

Beautiful post Tiz!

Anonymous said...

Yep. I've had a number of those times and have learned now to immediately run to God. While in His lap I speak to the enemy to flee in the Name of Jesus. There's no room for darkness while I'm resting in the Light. ;)
Excellent post! And - - - "AMEN!"

Together We Save said...

So beautiful... I also wanted to say thanks for the kind words on my blog. I am so happy you can pay it forward with your good deals.