Monday, November 29, 2010

Tuesdays with Tiz

Mary Rocks the Rock


"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust:" Psalm 18:2


"and that Rock was Christ" 1 Cor 10:4


I have been ask to be a reader (not a singer) in a Christmas musical at our church. One of the songs is titled "Mary Rocks the Rock"1. When I read that title I thought my heart would stop beating. And then I read the lyrics and listened to the music and I really had a Glory fit!!!


Part of the lyrics are...


A teenage mother far from her family just now delivered her baby Boy.

Its nothing at all...the way she thought it would be, But tonight everything's right.

Mary rocks the Rock -- that will be the foundation for her life and beyond.

Mary cradles her Son who'll become her salvation, the Promised one.

She hushes His cry with her lullaby, Heaven and earth for the moment has stopped.

Mary rocks the Rock!!!


Yes, Mary rocked the Rock of her salvation and the Rock of my salvation.

Mary carried Him in her arms and laid Him on her lap.

I carry Him in my heart and lay my head on His lap. Do I hear a Christmas Praise!!!!


"Father, thank you for the joy of knowing you as The Rock. You truly are everything Your Word says you are to me. Bless my friends in blogland with Yourself today. In Jesus precious Name, I pray." Amen



1. Musical Ready to Sing Christmas...Hope Has Hands...created by Sue C Smith, Phil Cross and Russell Mauldin

3 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh I love this...it is so beautiful and YES you hear a Christmas praise singing from my mouth with uplifted hands.

I prayed your prayer along with you and prayed it right back to you again in Jesus precious name. Amen.

Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine? Can any of us?
Wow. Beautiful words and what a blessed way to look at 'motherhood' too. None of us know the potential God's placed within the hearts and lives of our children - but we sure can feel that loving bond when we rock them.
I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing it.
Hugs,
Deb

Together We Save said...

Oh my.... that is so beautiful!! I can only imagine!