Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tuesdays with Tiz

Preach the Word

"Preach the word; be diligent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine" 2 Timothy 4:2

In this scripture verse, Paul is instructing Timothy on how to be a leader in The Church in light of the fact that these new christians are being exposed to false teachers and false doctrine. Read verses 1 - 5 for a clear picture of Paul's charge to this young pastor.

Friends, these are the same instructions God has given your pastor and my pastor. If my pastor is to be all God has instructed him to be then he needs my support and my cooperation...and my steadfast prayers on his behalf. My pastor certainly does not need me expecting more of him than God expects of him.

My family is awesomely blessed to have a humble, God loving, Spirit filled, young man as our pastor. We love him dearly and we know he loves us. I trust all of you are as blessed.

"Father, I thank you from the depth of my heart for Pastor Wren who loves, instructs, cares for and encourages me. I thank you for teaching him your Word so he can teach it to me. I ask you to bless each person reading this post with a pastor just like mine. I pray they will, in turn, be blessed and encouraged by their pastor. In Jesus Name, I pray." Amen

3 comments:

Together We Save said...

I am glad you are enjoying your pastor. Ours is quite a blessing.

Matthew Stephens said...

Oh my goodness, I jsut love my pastor more than anything. He has always been there for me when I have needed him. He is truly a blessing in my life.

Together We Save said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.... you are so encourging!