Wednesday, May 28, 2008

WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION........

Props to Krissy for finding this video!



I had a couple of conversations last week that made me take a look at my relationship with Jesus. I don't think that all Christians should look just alike in our walk. We are all individuals, we think differently, learn differently, express ourselves differently. So why would Jesus have the same effect on each of us?

As I said to a Dear One, our relationship with Jesus is a Personal relationship. If I went to a fitness advisor and asked for a personal fitness plan, would my plan be the same as an eighteen year old's plan? NO! Because my plan would be designed for an out of shape 37 year old. Personal. Would it be any less Healthful for me as the eighteen year old's is for them? NO! Just what we each need personally.

Father God,

Thank You for desiring a Personal Relationship with me. Lord, help me not to look to the Christian on the right, or the Christian on the left, but to focus solely on You. Please Lord, help me not to judge my Faith and my walk based on Brothers and Sisters in Christ around me but to know that You are maturing me as is Your will. Father help me to desire to please ONLY YOU. Lord I don't want to walk through life trying to look like other Christians, but the follower of Christ that You want me to be.

Father, if You know the very number of hairs on my head, then you know my heart. Search me Oh Lord, and help me, through my personal relationship with Jesus, to become more Christ-like everyday! I love you Lord and I thank You for Your Faithfulness.

In Jesus Holy and Precious Name I Pray,

Amen.

11 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I love this, we are all different and have different ways of expressing ourselves. One person may be comfortable in church to raise their hands in worship, the other might not be. Does one love God and Jesus more than the other? No, they just have different ways of expressing themselves.

I love, love this video. :)

I also have an urgent prayer request. We have a wonderful guy at our church who had surgery yesterday to clear a blockage due to colon cancer. When they got in there they found it was not good and was worse than they first had thought. I am asking for healing, comfort, and understanding. His oldest daughter graduated with Jess the other day and his youngest is Syds age.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm being a lurker on this blog, I hope that's okay? Sometimes I just can't find the right words for a comment.

j said...

Valarie, I have prayed and will continue to pray. Let me know how this man and his family are doing, OK?

Tammy, Honey, you LURK all you want to. You are welcome in whatever capacity you come.

I Love Ya My Friend!!!

Jennifer

concerned parent said...

I have missed this blog; we were out of internet area this weekend :(.
Great prayer and just have to tell ya I will probably use some of it for my own ways too.

Lorie said...

I told you girl I love this blog!!!
Did ya look at my new video on mine -it tells you what I mean when I say BE Blessed!
Thats my prayer for you and I see God is ! My friend Teresa is still Sicu but they may let her in a room soon. She has a long road ahead and my heart ifs gsad and much in paryer for Scott the fellow I mentioned and now Valerie is telling you about. He is very young and they told him 2 years at best yesterday.Our God can move mighty if its his will, thats my prayer and comfort for the sweet family.
You ar WUNDERFUL!
Be blessed!
Lorie

JC said...

I love the video. I was tired after watching it. I think it is Paul that tells us to work out our on salvation. This means to me that we are all unique and precious to Him. Look at all the variety He created in nature. It pleased Him to do the same with us. We human beings who are made in Him image just a little lower than the angels. Just the thought make me smile.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Thanks for the reminder to place our focus on the Lord and not our fellow Christians... we had a discussion in my SS class last week that touched on this as we try to figure out why we seem "programmed" to judge others.

JC said...

Crystal, I got a notice of the comment you left here. I visited your site but could not leave a message. Just wanted to thank you and agree with you. Our lives as followers of Christ will be much easier when we keep our eyes and hearts fixed on the King. Your cast of characters are beautiful and your site is appropriately named. I'll visit you again. Visit me at THISNTHATWITHJC anytime. Our lives are about as different as daylight and dark but we are both children of the most high God.

DD said...

I LOVE THIS VIDEO! It just totally cracks me up and impresses me at the same time. You're right... its a journey. thanks for the reminder. :)

Spokane Southie said...

That's a very good point about all of our walk's being personal--I know I will be thinking on that for awhile. Thanks for sharing.

Kimmie said...

I like to look at my relationship with God as very personal. I have never felt comfortable in comparing what my relationship is with him to what others have. I feel lucky in that retrospect. So many try to compete with others and never get to personally know him. That is very sad. I think that having a personal relationship with God has many different facets. We are not always going to be on an even level throughout our lives. Life just dosn't work that way. Sometimes we fail, sometimes we shine, but we are always unconditionally loved by him. Knowing that, and Trusting that, is the Key. The way we Love God, at whatever level it may be doesn't make any of us right or wrong...it just makes us special to him in our own individual way.

Loved the video. :-)
Blessings,
Kimmie