Saturday, June 21, 2008

Simple Thanks

My father prays for us to have Traveling Grace when we are on the road. It is a prayer for the safety of his loved ones as they go from one place to the next.

Safety.

I believe next time that I will ask him to extend his prayers to our sanity as well.

We traveled through road construction today and it was a terrible, time-consuming mess. My Darling Husband is an all around great guy, but I would never accuse him of having patience. Take weekend vacationers traffic, add an interstate with only one lane open, and toss in an Alabama State Trooper, and you have added lighter fluid to his micro mini short fuse.

The effects lingered all day.

EXCEPT, for when he met and held his nephew for the first time. When the baby was placed in his arms this evening his countenance changed. The snarl relaxed into a smile. Those pinched lips, became a pucker as he kissed the newborn on the head. And his whole body seemed to relax and say Ahhh.



I loved my nephew with all of my heart the first time that I met him. But watching my husband hold him today, I think that my heart grew so that it could hold more love. I loved Joshua and my Husband more when I saw them together.

So I Praise God, for Traveling Grace in seeing us safely home, as well as the grace we needed to get over our travels.

Thank You Father God. With all of my heart, Thank You.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

5 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

That is such a a good picture!

JC said...

What a precious picture and wonderful story. I noticed the baby was not screaming. Non screaming babies have a calming affect on me; the screamers, well, not so much. Love ya, JC

j said...

Carol, it's so funny...when Joshua woke up, he projectile puked on my Mom, and then cried for a while. Mom had him laying on the bed and Bryan came in and told her to pick that baby up, he was crying. DUH! She told him at least he was awake, but she handed the baby to him. Nice memories!

Dawn said...

Nothing like holding a sweet, new baby! That picture is bound to become one of the treasured ones.

Glad you all returned home safe. I'll be praying for you as you begin the packing/transition phase. Like I said before, we've "been there, done that" several times over so I am well aware of what your days are like. Fire off an email to me if you need to blow to someone - better me than someone you have to live with! Ha!

Blessings! Dawn

Tiz said...

I am just glad you all are home safely. I have missed you. I hope I get to meet Joshua soon.
Tiz