Wednesday, June 4, 2008

PRAISE GOD!!

My nephew was born on Monday. As we were waiting for his birth, my kids, my mother, and I formed a circle of prayer. Standing in the waiting room, we each silently offered a prayer for Joshua Lee, while holding on to each other's hands. When my mother raised her eyes, she was crying. My children began hugging on her and loving her up. It was a moment of joy for me, to see my mother moved and to see my children reaching out to her in comfort. Tears are not always bad.

When my head was bowed, the only prayer that came into my heart and mind was this,, and I repeated it over and over.

Dear Lord,

I just pray JESUS over Joshua Lee's life. Just JESUS Lord. I pray Jesus into his heart. I pray Jesus in his home. I pray Jesus over his raising. Just Jesus Lord. Please Father, just Jesus. JESUS in Joshua's life.

I had nothing specific to ask in that moment, but the name of my Savior reverberated through my heart and mind. JESUS. So simple really, one word, one person. But that prayer answered is PROFOUND. If in all of Joshua's life, if all that he has is Jesus, then he will be so blessed.

Father God,

Thank you for the day we had Monday. Thank you that we were together as a family, waiting for Joshua, welcoming Joshua, celebrating Joshua. I thank you for the gift of a baby to our family. But most of all Lord, I thank you for Your presence with us. I thank You that Joshua has been born to a family of Believers. I thank you for the coming opportunity to teach him about Jesus. I welcome the day that he teaches me about Jesus. I pray Jesus over our family, that we will be Christ centered and thus able to love each other as we are meant to.

Father God, you are just SO good!

In JESUS name I pray,

Amen


Now as any proud Aunt would, I took lots of pictures of my new nephew. To see the photos go HERE, please! Humor a bragging and doting Aunt!

7 comments:

JC said...

Thanks for sharing this personal moment. I love the pictures.

concerned parent said...

Tears, tears and more tears. May Jesus be ever present in your lives.

Valarie Lea said...

Amen :)

Unknown said...

You would not believe the goosebumps I have right now! My first born son's name is JOSHUA LEE!!! I know! Isn't that awesome?

Now about your question concerning the figurine in one of my photos - It is a bronze couple. He in a typical Mexican Indian suit, she in the flowing gown. It was a gift from one of my auhts. She said when she saw it, she thought of my hubby and ZI. She only wished the bride was fair skinned and blonde like me! My hubby is latino so the figure is a good representation of him.

I love your sense of humor which shows so sweetly on your profile page!

Kimmie said...

You are a Prayer Warrior My Dearest Jen! You Are One Special Woman. Bless Your Heart!
Love,
Kimmie

Your photo's made me get the misties! He is not only beautiful but such a miracle.

Susan said...

Now better word could be spoken than what you spoke. Jesus, at His name every knee shall bow and every tongue confess!! What a blessed little boy to be born to a believing family :o)

Lorie said...

You bring Jesus to others with this blog and I love and thank you. You are a blessing!
Be blessed Sister grirlfriend!
Lorie