Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

There is a beautiful old hymn of the Faith that we sang often in church when I was growing up.


"STANDING ON THE PROMISES" - Does anyone else in Blogland know this hymn? The chorus goes like this:

Standing, Standing
Standing on the promises of God my Savior
Standing, Standing
I'm standing on the promises of God


I loved that song and could sing it with a lot of enthusiasm. I cannot remember a time when I did not know this song. The sad fact is for over thirty years I knew the song but I did not know the promises!!! Praise God the day came when the scales fell from my eyes and I saw (and received) Him as Savior and Lord. It was at this time His promises became real to me.

The first promise I stood on is found in Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled". I hungered for His Word and He gave me the best of teachers to feed me.


I daily stand on Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purposes". Now, friends, there is rest in that promise!!!!

"Father, I thank you for making your promises real to me. Do the same for every person reading this blog today. In Jesus blessed name, I pray."

Listen as Alan Jackson sings this hymn .




8 comments:

j said...

I love that hymn too and I have to remind myself that there are promises to the believer (me!).

And you and I know how this post was put together and that God must have it in mind for someone in particular to read. I am prying that that ONE person, or persons is blessed by what they read and listen to here today. God is just so good!

Love you Tiz.

Jen

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorites too. In fact, I just sang the chorus to my kids the other day!

Thanks for sharing!

JC said...

I also remember "Victory in Jesus". "Victory in Jesus, My Saviour forever, He saught me and He bought me with His redeeming blood" Now that will make you happy, I don't care who you are.

Great posting. I'll listen to Alan Jackson when I get home. Firewall at work.

Funny, I've been doing a lot of thinking about the old hymns. Love ya, JC

JC said...

Jen, Love the rainbow. JC

JC said...

Just got home and listened to the video. Yep, just as I remember it. Love ya, JC

Deb said...

Beautiful and encouraging! I never heard that hymn before, so thank you for sharing it!

God bless!

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

I have always loved that hymn. I can remember my mother cooking in the kitchen and humming that hymn. Thanks for sharing the wonderful Alan Jackson video.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for the prayers not only for my son but all our brave men and women serving our country.

Lisa said...

I love when we sing this hymn at church. A faith builder!