Sunday, July 6, 2008

REJOICE IS A CHOICE!

I was asked by Jennifer to be a guest blogger today. Thank you Jennifer. I am honored. I'm Brenda from It's All Good! I enjoy being a part of this blogging community and have met so many wonderful Godly encouragers.

Since it's Monday, I wanted to share some encouraging words that might change what's commonly referred to as Blue Monday to Beautiful Monday.

One of my favorite scriptures is found in Psalm 118:24 and says, 'This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it'. I'm sure everyone has heard this verse sung in churches the world over at one time or another. (I know I've just dated myself!)

One day, I was reading in the Word when I came across this verse again. The second half, 'I will rejoice and be glad in it', really popped out at me, like large print in a regular print Bible.

I will rejoice. This a choice. I will rejoice, even when my little one has 'lost her cookies' all over me--right after I've showered and we're on our way out the door. I choose to rejoice, when the toilet overflows, I've dropped and broken an heirloom vase, or I get a call from my best friend saying her husband has terminal cancer. What? You say. Rejoice when you hear such devastating news?

What the Lord showed me was that the word 'rejoice' is not a feeling. It's not based on our emotions. It's a state of being. When all hell seems to be breaking loose in my life, because of my Father, I can still rejoice. I can rejoice in Him.

The other part of the 'large-print' scripture states: 'I will be glad in it'. I choose to be glad in this day the Lord has made. I make a conscious effort to REJOICE and BE GLAD because, let's face it, some days its easy to wake up shouting THIS IS THE DAY! and other days, not so.

I hope that maybe today you will make it a Beautiful Monday instead of a Blue Monday by choosing to rejoice in Him.

Father,


I thank You that You have made a way for us to 'rejoice and be glad' in every day. No matter what the circumstances--whether we're at the top of the mountain or in the lowest parts of the valley--we can choose to rejoice and be glad. Not because of us, but because of You! Bless your people this Beautiful Monday.


In Jesus Name,



Amen


It's All BEAUTIFUL MONDAY Good!

Brenda

5 comments:

Deb said...

I was watching Joyce Meyer recently, and she was saying that we need to step out of our emotions and "choose" to rejoice in our happiness and calmness.

This was something I needed to read today!

Thank you!

Tiz said...

Thanks for reminding us to rejoice today even if it is a Monday following a holiday week-end. Rejoicing truly is our choice.
Rejoice in Him today!!!

Mike Golch said...

Brenda, AMEN as well. hugs and blessings.

Sam said...

Beautiful, Brenda! I love how you said, "it's a state of being." It's a good reminder for me. Thank you.

j said...

Brenda Honey, Thank You so much for guest blogging. Your post was so uplifting and your sweet spirit came through loud and clear in your words. Praise God for you!

Be blessed.

Jen