Saturday, July 5, 2008

Words from the King's Princess....

By JC.


Today I have been very contemplative with a lot on my mind. A friend who is terminally ill, a staff member with a very ill uncle, family members going through a periods of transition/change, folks that can’t let go of perceived wrongs and I’m wondering why I’m not more affected by their issues. It isn’t that I don’t care. I care very deeply but it is that I have learned by going through the fire to trust totally and completely on the one who sticks closer than a brother.

I remembered the words of a song “Give Me Jesus” sung by Fernando Ortega.


“In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise
Give me Jesus.
And when I am Alone,
And when I am Alone,
And when I am Alone,
Give me Jesus.
And when I come to Die, And when I come to Die,
And when I come to Die,
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, Give Me Jesus, You can have all this world, just give me Jesus."

Later as I was thinking of the prayer requests I have received in the last few days for people very close to going home. I picked up a book titled, “His Princess, Love Letters from Your King” by Sheri Rose Shephard. I opened it to pages 182-183 they read,
“My Princess…YOU BEGIN AND END WITH ME.
‘I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA. THE BEGINNING AND THE END. TO HIM WHO IS THIRSTY I WILL GIVE TO DRINK WITHOUT COST FROM THE SPRING OF THE WATER OF LIFE.’ Revelation 21:6 NIV
You need not worry when your life will end, My precious child. All you need to know is that your first breath began with Me, and your last breath will lead you to My presence. Don’t ever let fear of death or eternity frighten you. Your todays and tomorrows are secure with me- I have held them in My hand since the beginning of time. When you finish your brief time on earth and I call you into My presence, your forever life in heaven will begin. But for now, My chosen one, you must live free from fear. Instead, trust Me to take you through every trial that comes your way. Remember that nothing in the universe can separate us. I am with you always…even until the end of time. So live well and finish strong- fixing your hope on the day that we will meet face-to-face on the other side of eternity. Love, Your Eternal King”

Father, God,

You are my all in all. I give you praise and honor. Thank your for reminding me that it all begins and ends with You through Your Son. I am so humbled that you care enough for me to speak to my spirit. In Jesus, precious and powerful name I pray.

Amen.

2 comments:

Tiz said...

Thanks for reminding me of my inheritance as His Princess!!! and also that in all things "just give me Jesus"!!! Love you, Bethy

Susan said...

Wonderful words.
Susan