Saturday, August 2, 2008

HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW....





The pictures are of my Dad's bird feeders on Main Street Montevallo, AL. He feeds 25 pounds of seed into his feeder a week. This bird feeder sits on a busy street yet the birds flock to it to eat their fill. My Dad, the worker, likes to say "God said He would provide the food for the sparrows but not put it into their mouths. They still have to go out and find it."


Several years ago, a missionary from South America came to our church. As I remember it he brought with him a South American man from Peru who needed medical attention. It was this man's first visit to the United States of America. I'm sure you can imagine how a man who lived in the mountains of Peru felt when he was in the USA.

The missionary that was with him addressed the church about his visit. He told of his experience with escalators, automatic doors, and air conditioning. But what made the missionary cry, and has stayed inside of my heart and mind for all of these years, was this statement made by the Peruvian man:

"Your country is so blessed that you even have money to feed your birds."

I will remember that statement for the rest of my life. God brings it to my remembrance when I fret about finances. It will make you look around at the way you live and think "Yes, but I can still feed the birds."



Matthew 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

How precious to know that when I feed the birds I am being used by God to accomplish that which His word points out will be accomplished.



How blessed we are to live in a country of blessing and comfort, that our birds are even blessed through our blessings!!


Father God.


I praise You and thank You that You saw fit to allow me to live the way that I do. I thank You for Your provision for my family. I ask You to help me to continue to trust You for that provision. Father God, I pray that I will not take for granted the BLESSINGS that You have poured out over my family in abundance.

In Jesus Holy Name I Pray,

Amen.





4 comments:

JC said...

Jen, What a beautiful posting. Thanks, JC

Tiz said...

Jen, it really is a blessing to realize our Father chooses to use us to accomplish His purposes, like feeding birds. Don't you know it warms His heart when His children cooperate with Him whether it is feeding birds or meeting the needs of each other. We are blessed to be a blessing. There I go getting all happy inside again!!!!!!!

Love you, Tiz

Stanley said...

Nice shots =) I remember once where I was keeping some small fishes in a really shallow ponds. The next week I had loads of birds around my house and the fishes mysteriously went missing.....

Dawn said...

Very, very nice post. Yes, we are blessed... and dare I say it? Spoiled!

We have a bird feeder, too, and enjoy watching them come to our yard.

Blessings!