Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TUESDAYS WITH TIZ

Get out of YOUR boat !!!


"And he said, COME. And when Peter was come down out of the boat, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus." Matthew 14:29

My pastor recently shared a powerful message from this verse of scripture, wherein, he challenged his congregation to get out of the boat and walk victoriously with Jesus.

When Jesus said "COME" Peter just believed Him, because Peter's eyes were on Jesus - not on the storm around him - Just Jesus. Peter would never have walked on water if he had not gotten out of the boat, and friends, we won't either.!!!

The boat symbolizes safety and our comfort zone. The water symbolizes our faith filled, supernatural, victorious, overcoming life in Jesus Christ. This life is available to all of us who focus our eyes on Jesus and get out of our boats.!!!! GLORY

Our boat may be addictions ( good or bad, respectful or not respectful), religious activity, legalism (keeping rules and regulations to make God happy), self righteousness ( I can and will do it my way), security, afraid to take risk or discouragement from family and friends, to name a few. You can name your own boat.

"Father, I thank you for the call to get out of the boat and "COME" to Jesus. With my eyes on you, the wind and the waves around me are no longer a storm, but an opportunity to see you show yourself strong in my life. I pray that everyone reading this post will recognize and get out of their personal boat and heed the call to COME to Jesus and experience a Victorious Life in you. In Jesus, precious, storm calming, name I pray. Amen"

6 comments:

concerned parent said...

Very true it is always easier to stay put and feel "Safe" than to step out and not know.

JC said...

Awesome post. Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell the storm how big your GOD is. Glory. Love ya, JC

Rusty J said...

cornbread ay?

does that recommendation stem from my stick-like figure? =)

j said...

Tiz I wanted to add a photo that included water... we have so much of that down here you know... but with my computer woes, and all of the pictures being saved onto MY computer and not Bryan's (from which I posted this) it was a no go.

The good newa is that this post was SO good, the visuals wouldn't have made it ANY better. This really was such a good post! Especially good reminder since the first part of this comment was fussing about my computer woes.

I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Kimmie said...

This post hit home with me. Whenever things get out of sorts I remember to keep my eyes on the lord and know that it is okay to get out of the boat as long as I stay focused on him. I have been struggling, this came at the perfect time.

Thank You for this wonderful post Tiz.

Hugs,
Kimmie

Tiz said...

Kimmie, great to hear from you again. I am believing today will be a great day for you. Tiz