Thursday, November 13, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY WITH JC

Have you ever gotten a song on your mind and just sing it all day or a few days? I do this and sometimes it is scripture that I begin to dwell on. Sometimes it is just one verse or a part of a verse.

Toward the end of last week when I was doing my homework for my Monday night Bible Study a verse was given in the text of the study about Jesus being at the right hand of God the Father interceding on our behalf. But it was one verse down that has been replaying in my mind. Tuesday I was having lunch with a dear friend and sister who brought up this verse and we discussed it in light of current policitical and economic events. Last night I was channel surfing and lingered on a Christian station. I don't know who was preaching (I'm not even sure it was preaching) or maybe it was a talk show. Anyway the speaker brought this verse to the attention of the audience. Immediately, when I sat to write this post, again this verse came to mind.

Romans 8:28 (NIV) " And we know that in all things God works for the good for those who love him...."

It doesn't say some things. It doesn't say good things. It surely doesn't say just the things we want. NO, it says ALL things. The good, the bad, the mistakes, the addictions, the broken relationships, the failures, as well as the victories, the break throughs, the smooth road times, the mountain top experiences. ALL THINGS WORK FOR THE GOOD.

ABBA, Father, I thank You for taking ALL things and working them for my good. Even those things I don't understand how they could ever work toward my good. You have it covered. All covered by my faith in Your Son. Jesus the Christ who lives to make intercession with You on my behalf. How incredibly blessed I am and all who read this are to be called Your very own. Thank You for the knowing that, after I have done all that I can do in any given situation, I can stand and rest that You are right there waiting for me to hand it over and surrender it to You so that You can work it all out for my good. Lord, I've clung to this verse many times because I know You don't just work all things for my good but You work them out for my good and Your Glory. Father, I ask You to have Your will and Your way in my life and received all the glory for it. In Jesus' precious, powerful and wonderful name I pray. Amen.

6 comments:

Debra said...

There is so very much I haven't understood lately...thank you so much for these blessed words of encouragement and comfort. It is what we all need.

It may all be over our head, but, praise the Lord! He has it ALL under His feet!

Tiz said...

JC, This is a precious, powerful post. I truly enjoy being reminded of the fact that my King is working "ALL THINGS" together for the good of His Princess and for His Glory.

I really like what "me maw" said - it may be over my head but it is under His feet. How precious.

Love you, Bethy

Julie said...

This is very good. But one part that I feel must be emphasized ...it's not only "those who love Him" but those who "are called according to His purpose". We can love Him and still not be doing what He wants us to do.

It's just such a learning process isn't it?

I'm so glad I found this blog to continue learning!

~*Lisa*~ said...

I am so glad I stopped by your blog. I found it on Blogs Around the World! What a blessing this post is. I am living proof God takes what the enemy means to destroy me and my marriage with and now the Father is getting the glory from it! Thank you again Blessings <<>><

Deb said...

I truly needed to read this today. There have been so many times where I got "confirmation"----hearing the same message in order to open my eyes and ears and say, "WOW!" It finally hits you that it's a message that God is sending.

I do believe that circumstances in life are all for the good, but with faith... faith faith faith. :)

j said...

It can be so hard to see the good in ALL things... but I have been reassured by teachers of the word and the Word Itself, that this is true. That I don't have to see it but it is SO.

And JC, I read this post JUST when I needed to be reminded of it. God is so good!

Love you bunches.