Monday, November 17, 2008

TUESDAY WITH TIZ

Pride and Friendship

Recently a friend ask me for a favor which I gladly granted. No big deal - hey, what are friends for? After the situation was taken care of she sent me an email that went like this:

She - "This is so hard for me. My pride again."
My response - "There is no such thing as pride where friends are concerned". (now, didn't that sound sweet and religious!!!)
She - "Sounds like good "blog" material"

So another blog is born out of adversity or an "all things" - as in "All things" work together for good to them that love God and are the called according to His purposes" Romans 8:28

First of all I must say that I do not see an ounce of pride in this friend. I have learned that pride is easier to recognize than it is to define, easier to recognize in others than in myself. PRIDE is the opposite of humility. Humility being a personal quality in which an individual shows dependence on God and respect for others. "God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble".
James 4:6

FRIENDSHIP is a close trusting relationship between two people. As a true friend I will accept my friends whether they exhibit pride or humility. A true friend loves unconditionally.

"Father, thank you for reminding me what a true friend is. And thank you for reminding me what pride is all about. Oh, Father, how I want to exhibit true humility in my life. I can only be humble as I am moved by your humility and I can only be a true friend as you empower me with your unconditional love. Bless my blog friends with a true friend today. In Jesus name, Amen"

4 comments:

Debra said...

Often, one will set out to do something for someone, or give something to someone, and they are met with protest saying..."Oh no, I couldn't possibly allow you to do that"

But to not allow it, is to rob that person of a blessing.

When someone wants to be a blessing to you, I say, let them!

JC said...

How blessed we are with friends. Especially the Friend that sticks closer than a brother. A friend loves at all times just a He does. Wonderful post.

Just a side note the word verfication for the this comment is "fuller". We are all "fuller" when filled with Him.

j said...

First of all, I want to tell you that Emily posted this for you! I left to go out of town on Monday and remembered that I had not scheduled this post. I called her, asked her to access my email, and post this.

And she did! She was there for both of us!

I have learned more about friendship through blogging than I ever thought possible. When I started blogging, I thought it was an opportunity to write what I thought, share pics of my kiddos, etc. I had no idea that there would be 'blog buds' who would email me and say "What is wrong? You don't sound like yourself"... ON MY BLOG!! People who check in, and care. God gave me something richer, better, than what I wanted for myself to start with!!!!

I am thankful for your friend and your relationship.

Be blessed Tiz!

Jen

Tiz said...

Thanks Me Maw, JC, and Jen. You have blessed me with your comments.

And a special thanks to Emily. What would I do without your help recently!!!!

Love ya, Tiz