Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christ in Christmas



I found this video at Bayou Belle's site. I thought the rockin' Nativity was funny, but the message is a serious one. I completely agree that we need to keep Jesus in Christmas!

But that is a very easy conclusion for me to come to - Jesus is in my heart so it is logical for me to want him to be the reason for Christmas. For someone who does NOT know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, why should he mean anything to them? Christmas has been secularized enough that Christ may not make sense to many at Christmas.

Maybe it is time to feel compassion for those who don't have a Christ-centered holiday season. Instead of being affronted by "Happy Holidays" we should pray with compassion for the lost souls who DON'T have the joy of the Lord in their heart on Christmas morning! For we believers, regardless if the Walmart greeter says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays", Christ can NOT be taken out of our Christmas. Let us strive together, in kindness, to put Christ IN to the Christmas of someone who does not know Him.

Father God,

Please send us out, as your emissaries, into the world this Christmas season. Allow us to show the lost how precious it is to have a Christ-filled Christmas. Let our joy and our peace, found in Jesus, shine before us like a beacon. Let us draw other's near to us that we may minister to them and that we may show them the love of Christ through our actions.

Thank You Father God, for seeing fit to save me. Thank you for the free gift of salvation. Thank you that I have the true meaning of Christmas written on the tablet of my heart.
In Jesus name.
Amen

1 comment:

Tiz said...

Jen, now that vidio has a message!!!

What a joy to have "the true meaning of Christmas written on the tablet of my heart"

Love what you did with our side bar.

Be blest today!!! Tiz