Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TUESDAY WITH TIZ

The First Noel

This week someone ask me the question, "What does The First Noel mean - where is it found in the Bible? " Now, friends, I have heard and sang this song at Christmas time for years and years but I could not answer that question. Well, I did a little research and found out that Noel means a "shout of joy at the birth of Christ". The word Noel is not found in the Bible but, oh, the message is there loud and clear.

The angels said The First Noel to some shepherds who were attending their sheep the night Christ was born. "And the angel said unto them, Fear not; for, behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people, for unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord" Luke 2: 10-11. I have often thought about how those shepherds must have felt. They were just going about their task of attending their sheep one night and suddenly their lives were forever changed with this message of the Birth of Christ. Ours lives are forever changed when we hear the message of Jesus Christ. Praise!!!!

"Father, the message of Christmas is so precious. Thank you for recording it for us in your Word. Truly, Jesus is the reason for the season. Father, how I thank you for songs that have been written through the years that bring joy to my heart at this wonderful time of the year." Amen

Be blest as you listen to this great Christmas song, "The First Noel" .

1 comment:

JC said...

Tiz, I never thought about what Noel meant either. Sounds like your princesses are keeping you on your spiritual toes. Great post. Great song. Love ya, JC