Thursday, December 25, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAYS WITH JC


JOY TO THE WORLD THE LORD IS COME,

LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING,

LET EVERY HEART PREPARE HIM ROOM.

These words make my heart rejoice with shouts of praise and adoration.

As you read these words and listen to the video, I'm at my nephew's house with family. Yes, I'll eat to much and listen to stories I've heard before. I may even tell some stories I've told before. But, at the heart of my family's Christmas is Christ. King of Kings; Lord of Lords.

I'll receive gifts; I'll give gifts. Long ago wise men brought gifts to the Christ child. But, what gift do I have for Him? What gift is worthy of Him?

After a very non-traditional Christmas program put on by the children's department. each person in the building were given green rubber bracelets. On the bracelet is an inscription that says "Present Yourself". Pastor Kent posed one question, "What gift can you give Him on His Birthday?". Answer, "Yourself". He reminded us of Romans 12:1 (NIV) "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual (reasonable) act of worship." He asked us to wear the bracelet as a reminder to present ourselves to Him not only today as we celebrate His Birthday but through out the coming year. Won't you join me and giving yourself to Him today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS.

I GIVE YOU MYSELF.

Father, God, thank You for the awesome gift You gave the world when You gave Your Son so that we might be reconciled to You. Lord, I bring myself, all my wants, desires, ambitions, fears, insecurities, everything I have and everything that I am humbly to the feet of Jesus the Christ not just for today but for always. Thank You for accepting me just as I am, flaws and all. Father bless each person who reads these words. Allow them to feel Your presence in a real and powerful way. Show Yourself strong on their behalf by meeting their needs right where they are. In Jesus' precious, holy and powerful name I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

Tiz said...

Joy to the World, The Lord has come!!!! My very most favorite Christmas Carol.

Beautiful post. Thanks.

Love you, Bethy

j said...

JC, this was wonderful. I love the phrase "Happy Birthday Jesus. I give you myself." Perfect.

I hope that your day was blessed. Merry Christmas!