Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TUESDAY WITH TIZ.... Merry Christmas Edition


The Spirit of Christmas

What does it mean to have The Spirit of Christmas or the Christmas Spirit? Some articles tell me that if I want the Christmas Spirit I need to play Christmas music, bake and decorate cookies, put up a Christmas tree, watch a Christmas movie or maybe drop spare coins in the Salvation Army bucket. An article in our local newspaper on the Opinion page stated "Folks, get into the Christmas spirit and get out there and shop." The spirit is spelled with a little "s". Now all these things do produce wonderful "feelings" making us feel good but where is The Spirit of Christmas? Now, friends, I like the fat man in a red suit, Frosty and Rudolph as much as anyone but they are not The Spirit of Christmas. I enjoy them but I do not celebrate them.

I suggest to you that The Spirit of Christmas is Jesus Christ Himself. That first Christmas was ALL about HIM. " Mary magnified HIM" Luke 1:11, "The Shepherds made haste and found HIM" Luke 2:16, "The star followed HIM" Matthew 2:9 and "The Wise men worshipped HIM" Matthew 2:11. Oh, friends, let's give HIM His rightful place in our hearts, in our homes, in our churches and in our nation.

"Father, I praise and worship you for Who You are this Christmas season. Thank you for giving me your Life thru your Son, Jesus Christ ,whom I celebrate today and every day. Bless each and every person reading this blog with The Spirit of Christmas during this Christmas season and the days to follow. In His Joyful name, I pray." Amen

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

3 comments:

j said...

It is a blessing that in the middle of the chaos and the busy-ness of this holiday, that I have the stillness and assurance of Christ and what He has done for me. I think I will just sit and think on that for a while.

Love you Tiz!

Jen

JC said...

Beautiful post Sis. Love ya, JC

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna